Meeting 20081105

From Qubit Toolkit
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] Release 1.0.4

Release 1.0.4

  • 1.0.4 still behind schedule due to excessive admin work and routing refactoring slowing it down.
  • RAD template work to be finished by Friday, 1.0.4 release testing, packaging, etc. to be done next week
  • Given other commitments and Rememberance Day next week, 1.0.4 could likely slip till end of the week
  • Evelyn to let waiting beta testers know 1.0.4 will slip till end of next week, but good news is we are making progress

[edit] Release 1.1

Release 1.1

  • OAI harvesting server responses started
  • DC cross walks started, next step is XML export profile based on the crosswalk
  • Mathieu lost about a half week on other tasks, but is making progress. Server responses expected in week and a half or two weeks.
  • Mathieu needs to discuss assignment of sets with other developers
  • David's priority is menus, as part of theming
  • David worried about affecting access control feature, but Peter points out timeline for that is changed to May

[edit] Deployment

  • No new deployments this week
  • Slovenian beta testers have translated entire app!
  • Also Australian testers still very active
  • Slovenian folks had some issues with the i18n functionality it looks like. Problem is declenations and affects at least all Slavic languages. Qubit also has problems with plurals in English.
  • Discussion of declenations to happen in person before next meeting
  • Meanwhile Evelyn will add Slovenian's email to the i18n page and reply to the Slovenian's / qubit-dev list with the link
  • Automated deployment tool development spilled over from last week to Monday, but it is now installed on the office server, along with a test deploy tool.
  • Jack plans to run the next deployment using the tool, then hand the reigns to Evelyn

[edit] Testing

Testing

  • Evelyn updated Qubit tests but will have more work to do because of further changes. Selenium doesn't like change.

[edit] Documentation

Wiki reorganization

  • There's a printed manual ready to go (for editors & contributors). Evelyn will upload the PDF with Jack this afternoon.
  • Peter got up a list of milestones which is great
  • David updated handle repeating objects with one form submit page with information on the YUI dialog implementation

[edit] Action items

  • RAD template work to be finished by Friday, 1.0.4 release testing, packaging, etc. to be done next week
  • Evelyn to let waiting beta testers know 1.0.4 will slip till end of next week, but good news is we are making progress
  • Discussion of declenations to happen in person before next meeting
  • Meanwhile Evelyn will add Slovenian's email to the i18n page and reply to the Slovenian's / qubit-dev list with the link
  • Evelyn will upload the printed manual PDF with Jack this afternoon
  • Peter and Richard to finish Dublin Core cross walk by Friday, for Mathieu's OAI work
  • Jack to finish deployment application this week, have interface for Evelyn or others to deploy new sites ready by next meeting.

[edit] Chat log

http://logs.jabber.org/qubit@conference.jabber.org/2008-11-05.html

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox