Here are instructions how to contribute translations to this project
 Consolidating translation files
AtoM translation files are stored at the application level (e.g.
apps/qubit/i18n/es/messages.xml) and for individual plugins (e.g.
plugins/sfIsadPlugin/i18n/es/messages.xml). This structure is used so translation strings for a plugin are stored within the plugin directory; the down side of the arrangement is that there are currently 380 different translation files in the application (one per culture per plugin + one per culture for the application)!
To consolidate all of the various translations files in to a single "dictionary" file (one per culture) there is a command-line (CLI) script. To run the script:
- Open a Command-line interface
- Change your working directory to the AtoM home directory, e.g.
- Run the "consolidate" script:
php symfony i18n:consolidate [language-code] [target-directory], where
- [language-code] is the two letter ISO-639-1 language code, e.g. "es" for Spanish
- [target-directory] is target directory for the consolidated file. This could be "." for the local working directory, "/home/username" (your home directory), "/tmp" (the "temp" directory), or any other directory to which you have write permissions.
The output file will be written to
david$ php symfony i18n:consolidate es . >> i18n Consolidating es i18n messages