Meeting 20101215

From Qubit Toolkit
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] Development

[edit] Qubit

  • Jesús fixed issue 1906 and 1909, to ignore apostrophes in permalinks and to generate sequential numbers for identical human readable slugs (e.g. "fonds-foo", "fonds-foo-2")
  • David fixed issue 1908 - the installer had a fatal error on Windows :(

[edit] Archivematica

  • Jesús has been doing lots of cleanups to the dashboard, that he couldn't do when Peter was at IMF because of the need to code quickly
  • Jesús hasn't decided a way to go on the polling feature, hopefully he can figure it out tomorrow
  • Jesús has been investigating different ways of show data grids based in div tags instead of html tables, supported by js code
  • Jesús is planning to update the archivematica:Dashboard page soon

[edit] Deployment

  • Joseph and Austin installed Archivematica at City of Vancouver Archives
    • serious testing of CoV install will probably happen in mid-January, so there is time for some updates before then
  • David met with Richard and Paul at SFU about the SFU data migration on Friday - Notes
    • worked out the details of the data mapping, and
    • Richard and Paul gave David a tour of their current system
    • The current SFU finding aids [1] look like a good staring point for an ICA-AtoM template for printed finding aids
  • David got started on the column mapping for the UNBC migration
  • For the MemoryBC 1.1 upgrade, once Jesús checks that our last upgrades in slug feature works, he will set a schedule with David Mattison and start the upgrade

[edit] Documentation

No news

[edit] Testing

  • Evelyn made up a list of tests for archivematica
  • Evelyn has been testing Archivematica all week and churning out issue reports - mostly feature requests and enhancements
    • keeping in mind that we're not really testing a public release
    • looking mainly at dashboard, workflow and the PREMIS metadata
    • goal is to get Archivematica more usable and complete for full-scale testing by IMF, City of Vancouver Archives, etc.

[edit] Chat log

(10:01:21 AM) jesus.sevein: meeting time?
(10:01:35 AM) david.juhasz: yes
(10:01:38 AM) david.juhasz: last weeks notes:
(10:01:40 AM) david.juhasz:
http://qubit-toolkit.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_20101208
(10:01:50 AM) david.juhasz: I can take notes this week
(10:01:56 AM) epmclellan: thanks, david.juhasz
(10:02:00 AM) jesus.sevein: thank you david.juhasz :)
(10:02:04 AM) epmclellan: hi jesus.sevein
(10:02:21 AM) david.juhasz: it's too bad austin and joseph aren't here though :(
(10:02:31 AM) epmclellan: we can start with qubit
(10:02:35 AM) epmclellan: and maybe they'll show up
(10:02:52 AM) jesus.sevein: yep
(10:03:40 AM) jesus.sevein: I havent' done anything on qubit until today, fixed issues 1906 and 1909
(10:03:45 AM) jesus.sevein:
http://code.google.com/p/qubit-toolkit/issues/detail?id=1906
(10:03:50 AM) jesus.sevein:
http://code.google.com/p/qubit-toolkit/issues/detail?id=1909
(10:04:01 AM) david.juhasz: Awesome, thanks jesus.sevein! :)
(10:04:15 AM) david.juhasz: I'm looking forward to seeing how that works for memoryBC
(10:04:51 AM) jesus.sevein: yes, I will try it today and send you the results like last time to see if we can get as many readable slugs as possible
(10:05:08 AM) jesus.sevein: without a big hit on performance
(10:07:58 AM) ***david.juhasz tries to remember what he did last week
(10:08:22 AM) epmclellan: you did some migration work for users, yes?
(10:08:26 AM) epmclellan: I know that's not dev per se
(10:08:47 AM) david.juhasz: Oh yeah, I fixed issue 1908 - the installer had a fatal error on Windows :(
(10:09:05 AM) david.juhasz: that's all for qubit dev for me
(10:10:05 AM) david.juhasz: should we wait until the end of the meeting for archivematica dev, in case joseph or austin appears?
(10:10:18 AM) epmclellan: well, jesus.sevein has been doing quite a bit of dev
(10:10:29 AM) epmclellan: lots of dashboard work
(10:10:38 AM) david.juhasz: okay, let's do that now then
(10:10:51 AM) david.juhasz: we can always come back to it if the other two show up
(10:10:56 AM) epmclellan: sure
(10:11:12 AM) david.juhasz: what's new in the archivematica dev?
(10:11:14 AM) david.juhasz: :)
(10:11:29 AM) jesus.sevein: sorry, I lost my connection or something weir
(10:11:40 AM) david.juhasz: what's the last message you got?
(10:11:47 AM) jesus.sevein:
(7:10:39 PM) david.juhasz: what's new in the archivematica dev?
(10:12:06 AM) jesus.sevein: but my computer is not the one connected to the jabber server
(10:12:51 AM) david.juhasz: weird
(10:13:07 AM) jesus.sevein: about the dashboard, I was doing lots of cleanups that I couldn't do when Peter was at IMF
(10:13:11 AM) jesus.sevein: due to the ned of write fast
(10:13:34 AM) jesus.sevein: it was a good chance to see some django core stuff calmly
(10:13:54 AM) jesus.sevein: but I have never decided a way to go on the polling feature, hopefully I can tomorrow
(10:13:58 AM) david.juhasz: "ned of write fast"?
(10:14:09 AM) jesus.sevein: need of coding fast
(10:14:15 AM) david.juhasz: ah, right
(10:14:19 AM) david.juhasz: thanks :)
(10:15:05 AM) jesus.sevein: and I have been investigating different ways of show data grids based in div tags instead of html tables, supported by js code
(10:15:41 AM) jesus.sevein: planning to update Dashboard update soon
(10:15:48 AM) jesus.sevein: Dashboard wiki page
(10:17:44 AM) david.juhasz: link for the wiki page please? :)
(10:17:53 AM) jesus.sevein: 1 sedc
(10:17:57 AM) jesus.sevein: 1 sec
(10:18:03 AM) jesus.sevein:
http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Dashboard
(10:18:17 AM) david.juhasz: thanks :)
(10:20:14 AM) david.juhasz: anything else for archivematica dev?
(10:21:16 AM) david.juhasz: jesus.sevein: you there?
(10:21:47 AM) jesus.sevein: yep!
(10:21:55 AM) jesus.sevein: I hope you was asking to Evelyn, sorry
(10:22:00 AM) jesus.sevein: I thought...
(10:22:12 AM) jesus.sevein: you were...
(10:22:17 AM) jesus.sevein: hehehe mixing words today
(10:22:18 AM) epmclellan: well, I don't have anything for dev, just testing etc.
(10:22:31 AM) david.juhasz: okay, let's move on to deployment
(10:22:58 AM) epmclellan: Joseph and Austin installed Archivematica at City of Vancouver Archives
(10:23:02 AM) david.juhasz: nice
(10:23:26 AM) epmclellan: but I think that serious testing there is going to wait until mid-January
(10:23:33 AM) epmclellan: so there is time for some updates
(10:24:42 AM) david.juhasz: I met with Richard and Paul at SFU about the SFU data migration on Friday
(10:25:28 AM) david.juhasz: and we worked out the details of the data mapping, and they gave me a tour of their current system
(10:25:29 AM) jesus.sevein: how is going that, david.juhasz?
(10:26:18 AM) jesus.sevein: nice
(10:26:51 AM) david.juhasz: plus I got to see the physical archives which was interesting :)
(10:27:08 AM) david.juhasz: Now I know what a Hollinger box looks like :)
(10:27:21 AM) jesus.sevein: nice :)
(10:27:36 AM) epmclellan: yes, they have these strange things called "paper records"
(10:27:42 AM) epmclellan: sort of 3-dimensional records
(10:27:58 AM) epmclellan: I leaned about those in school
(10:28:01 AM) david.juhasz:
Notes from the SFU meeting are here: http://www.artefactual.com/wiki/index.php?title=SFU_data_migration
(10:28:53 AM) david.juhasz:
I also got started on the column mapping for the UNBC migration: http://www.artefactual.com/wiki/index.php?title=UNBC_data_migration#Table:_Fond
(10:28:55 AM) epmclellan: Interesting, does it look like it will be a difficult migration?
(10:29:39 AM) david.juhasz: well, it's kind of a trial for them, so it's not as complex as it would be if they were using ICA-AtoM exclusively for description
(10:30:32 AM) jesus.sevein: are they migrating only for testing purposes?
(10:30:45 AM) david.juhasz: the main problem would be integrating with there current system for (physical) access control, workflow, accessioning and records management
(10:30:48 AM) jesus.sevein: then keep the update script for a future real migration?
(10:31:17 AM) david.juhasz: yes, they are going to use the web system as a web access tool
(10:31:57 AM) jesus.sevein: david.juhasz: looking at UNBC data migration page looks that it would be very useful to get a RESTful interface ASAP, isn't it?
(10:32:12 AM) david.juhasz: oops, I mean "they are going to use ICA-AtoM as a web access tool", but they are going to dual enter descriptions into ICA-AtoM and their current system
(10:32:23 AM) jesus.sevein: nice
(10:32:44 AM) david.juhasz: jesus.sevein: the RESTful interface would be great for UNBC's digital assets, yes
(10:32:52 AM) david.juhasz: the rest we can do without
(10:33:03 AM) jesus.sevein: the rest...ful? :D joking
(10:33:06 AM) david.juhasz: :)
(10:34:04 AM) jesus.sevein: ok, about memorybc once I check that our last upgrades in slug feature works and we set a schedule with them, we could start it
(10:36:26 AM) david.juhasz: great :)
(10:39:16 AM) david.juhasz: alright, documentation?
(10:40:02 AM) david.juhasz: I've got nothing to report for docs
(10:40:06 AM) jesus.sevein: me neither
(10:40:09 AM) epmclellan: I don't know whether this counts as documentation, but I made up a list of tests for archivematica
(10:40:10 AM) epmclellan: sec...
(10:40:20 AM) epmclellan:
http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Testing
(10:40:27 AM) david.juhasz: hmm, i think I'll put it in testing, but that's great :)
(10:40:32 AM) epmclellan: just like for qubit
(10:40:35 AM) david.juhasz: let's do testing now :)
(10:40:35 AM) epmclellan: sure
(10:40:47 AM) epmclellan: ok testing... I made up a bunch of tests...
(10:40:50 AM) epmclellan: :)
(10:40:56 AM) epmclellan: I've been testing archivematica all week
(10:41:04 AM) epmclellan: that's pretty much all I've been doing
(10:41:34 AM) epmclellan: have been churning out issue reports
(10:41:57 AM) epmclellan: that's pretty much it
(10:42:22 AM) david.juhasz: how is the testing going?
(10:42:33 AM) epmclellan: it's going well
(10:42:39 AM) david.juhasz: lots of bugs, or is it mostly features and enhancements?
(10:42:49 AM) epmclellan: mostly features and enhancements, I would say
(10:43:09 AM) epmclellan: keeping in mind that I'm not really testing a public release
(10:43:25 AM) epmclellan: we're looking mainly at dashboard, workflow and the PREMIS metadata
(10:43:40 AM) epmclellan: just getting it all more usable and complete
(10:43:55 AM) epmclellan: for full-scale testing by IMF, City of Vancouver Archives, etc.
(10:44:14 AM) epmclellan: jesus.sevein: does that sound about right?
(10:44:40 AM) jesus.sevein: you mean if dashboard would be ready for full-scale environments?
(10:45:04 AM) epmclellan: no, I just meant the description of what we're testing
(10:45:27 AM) epmclellan: to get the City of Vancouver Archives and IMF ready for their pilot projects
(10:45:33 AM) epmclellan: eg focussing on usability
(10:45:51 AM) jesus.sevein: well, I know you have been testing dashboard, I can't say more hehehe, unfortunately I don't know yest too much about other parts of Archivematica project
(10:46:14 AM) epmclellan: good point
(10:46:38 AM) epmclellan: anyway, the goal of testing and dev right now is to get ready for the pilot projects at Vancouver Archives and IMF
(10:46:47 AM) jesus.sevein: I am just thinking that I should try to simulate Amazon AWS console, it's great
(10:46:55 AM) jesus.sevein: for the Dashboard, I mean
(10:47:21 AM) david.juhasz: :)
(10:47:30 AM) david.juhasz: notes:
(10:47:31 AM) david.juhasz:
http://qubit-toolkit.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_20101215
(10:47:38 AM) david.juhasz: I think we are done?
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox